How it works
I'VE HAND PICKED YOUR PROJECT!
That’s exciting for me, and if excites me means that i will do a better tattoo. I’m fortunate to be able to choose the pieces I want to pour myself into. Now that we’re starting communication about your tattoo, this place will give you information to help you along the process.
Please don’t be offended if we take a bit to get back to you. I try to be on top of communicating, but, with so much back and forth, drawings and appointments, there may be a lag. One new client can sometimes produce as many as 10 emails (20 exchanges) to pull information and nail a date. We don’t mind, but when you multiply that by 10-30 new requests a day, it gets a little hectic. I’m lucky to have the best clientele ever, so you’ll hear no complaints from me…
So, the less emails, the better – let’s get it within a couple of emails.
The deposit is the way i can guaranty that will prepare your project and save your tattoo date. It always goes towards the price of the tattoo. All tattoos are totally original, and tattooed only one time.
More importantly though, once you leave a deposit, I set your appointment as booked and save a date for you. I will send you my available dates, you pick up one, send me the confirmation email and its booked. It’s a system works for me. It tells me it’s okay to mentally attach myself to the project. Please scroll down and book appointment.
DAY OF YOUR
SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
The Important Part
Once you leave a deposit, i will send you my available dates, you pick up one, and the appointment is yours, just send me the confirmation email and its booked.
• Saturdays are filled up considerably farther in advance, and at the moment im not accepting booking for saturdays
• If i need, i’ll contact you a day or two before your appointment. You’re welcome to contact me if you have changes or additions, but it may take awhile for me to respond.
• Please give me as much notice as possible if you have to cancel or reschedule. I’m in Oporto, but i’m also flying around occasionally… so notice helps a lot.
• If you have a specific budget for a session, please let me know before booked. I schedule based on days or blocks of time depending on the projects i have to work. This’ll help me plan! (the first session of multiple session pieces usually requires a minimum of 3/4 hours).
Larger pieces take more time. I can help estimate, but it’s hard to truly know how long the process will take. Most full sleeves take anywhere from 20 to 40 hours. Half sleeves can take between 10 and 20 hours. The larger pieces are divided into smaller sessions of which can span between 4-12 months.
• Usually, the first session requires a minimum of 3 to 4 hours.
• It’s good to setup the next appointment(s) ASAP with ample time for healing in between.
• Sessions are usually 2-4 hours. But I can go as long as 6/7 hours if need be.
I probably won’t start the hands on creation process until the day before your appointment. I work best that way though and embrace it, specially to keep all work organized! But, that doesn’t mean I’m not wrapping my head around your tattoo. I tend to research imagery from all types of sources: paintings, illustrations, photography, or sketch around to prepare my self for the final artwork, etc.
Then, the actual creation will be drawn and scanned and worked out in Photoshop or drawn digitally on my ipad a day or two before. So you won’t really be getting an image to look out until the day of the tattoo. And even then, you and I will pick it apart. I’ll create the final image with you present, if needed. You art will be totally original, created by me and will not be a copy of any other drawing or design. I only tattoo this art on you and only one time.
Pricing and Extra Stuff
» Speak up! Yes, I’m a perfectionist, but I’m also incredibly easy going (within reason!). I love what I do, but I won’t be offended at all if you don’t like something or want something altered. Let me know! Much can altered. I’ll only stand up for an element if, say, it’s integral for longevity, composition, or communication.
» Tattoo Payment – I can only accept cash.
» Returning clients get priority! I’ll always mentally attach priority to existing clients. It’s a given.
Pricing for single sitting tattoos can be given as an estimate. But the actual price is always determined by the final/complete piece. Unless the client gives me a spending limit in advance, then the tattoo will be sized and detailed accordingly. This is fair for both you and me – nobody will be uncomfortably locked into an over or under estimate.
All tattoos will be created by me, tattooed only one time and exclusively on their owner. No drawing or art will be repeated and tattooed on any other client. We guarantee that on our part you will take a piece completely exclusive.
Price per hour and Deposit
- My standard tattoo rate is €175 an hour.
- To setup the first appointment, I take a non refundable €175 deposit.
- This deposit goes towards the price of the tattoo, remains for each additional appointment and comes off the last session.
- Minimum price per tattoo -€ 500 – 600 € (small to medium)
- Average price per tattoo – € 750 – 900 € (medium to large)
- Full day price 1000 € tattoo (maximum 500 € per tattoo, for 2 tattoos in one day for example or big projects)